Today, I tried wearing high heel shoes for the first time in months. They ripped my feet to shreds and I now have blisters on two of my toes. I’ve never been a good heels-wearer – I teeter about like a man in drag and find my toes and balls of my feet are in agony after a few hours. If I ever tried out being a dominatrix, it would have to be in steel toe capped Doc Marten boots…
So, why put myself through this agony? I’ve met a lovely, gorgeous man who is quite a bit taller than me so thought I would try ‘rising to the occasion’.
It’s been a while since I have dated anyone over 5ft 11, so I am out of practice in the challenges presented by those extra inches. So here are some of the pros and cons of dating a taller man, in case you are going through the same thing, considering one, or you are a taller man yourself:
– Kissing gives you a very stiff neck when you have your head constantly tilted upwards
– Standing on tiptoes can only remedy this for a few seconds before your feet start to ache
– He gets a completely different view of things to you, so you are never quite looking at the same horizon.
– Walking together, holding hands or arms around each other can get a bit wonky and disjointed as his stride is twice the length of yours – rather like being matched to the wrong person in a three-legged race.
– Standing next to a tall guy makes you feel like a dainty little lady, however big you are – the joys of proportions-
– He completely wraps you up in a cuddle, as you fit into his chest and are enclosed in his long arms like a swaddled baby
– He has a totally different view of the world to you so can probably spot rain clouds or seagulls before you do
– His feet are massive, so your shoes next to his look like little doll shoes
– He can reach things off the top shelf so you don’t have to climb up on that wobbly kitchen chair again
– Lying down on the bed, you are both the same height, so size differences don’t matter
– (I’m only guessing on this one, but) performing a blow job won’t be so taxing if you don’t have to kneel down – it is going to be higher up, isn’t it?
Ah, it seems there are more pros than cons, so maybe tall is the way to go, but I have dated my fair share of short guys, so could draw up similar lists for them. Maybe I will see how it goes with my lovely tall man first…